- Engineered specifically for use in fast, high efficiency UHPLC separations requiring high mobile phase velocities and ultra-high pressures
- The ultra-low dispersion of UltraShield maintains the efficiency of UHPLC columns, assuring no loss of critical resolution
- With its simple design, UltraShield installs on any analytical, UHPLC or UPLC® column in seconds and is leak tight to 1000 bar (15,000 psi). Simply finger tighten initially, then wrench tighten beyond finger tight an additional ¼ turn
- Available in 3 unique formats Ultrashield, Ultrashield WW and Ultrashield WP
Differences in the 3 Ultrashield versions
|Type of UltraShield Filter||Instrument Brand||Intended Use|
|UltraShield||Agilent, Shimadzu, Thermo, Dionex, Hitrachi, others Note: NOT Waters®||UltraShield is designed for all UHPLC columns on instruments listed in Instrument Brand Section|
|UltraShield WW||Waters®||Waters® Columns on Waters® UPLC® instrumentation|
|UltraShield WP||Waters®, Agilent, Shimadzu, Thermo, Dionex, Hitrachi, etc||Waters® Columns on UHPLC and Waters® UPLC® Instrumentation|
ColumnShield Pre-column filters are designed to provide similar protection as UltraShield Pre- column filters but are for hand-tight applications for HPLC applications
- Designed for sub-5 micron particles with sub-3.0 mm ID and shorter column lengths that generate narrow peak volumes
- They provide effective, low-dispersion filtering at a lower cost than the UltraShield.
- Although they are not recommended for ultra-high pressure applications, they can still be safely used at pressures up to 400 bar (6,000 psi)
- ColumnShield pre-column filters utilize a PEEK finger-tight design that connects directly to any 1/16” 10-32 internal thread inlet fitting port, regardless of the manufacturer.
Column Saver Pre-column filters
- Column Savers provide economical protection for HPLC columns packed with 3 µm particle size or larger and with bore sizes (internal diameter) 3.0mm to 8.0mm.
- Use these Pre-column filters on the inlet of guard columns to extend the life and reduce the replacement costs of these items.
Waters® and UPLC® are registered trademarks of Waters Corporation